I would like to print remotely while connected via Parallels Access to a remote computer. How to do that?
While connected to a remote machine via Parallels Access you can easily print using your favorite application by sharing the necessary file using Parallels Access File Sharing feature.
Printing from a remote computer on your host computer
If you want to print something from a remote computer on your host computer, do the following:
- Save the file you want to print on the remote computer as PDF or any other file type supported on your host computer.
- Share the file using File Sharing feature from the remote computer.
- Once you click the Share button, the corresponding link to download the file on your host computer will be automatically added to the Remote Clipboard. Visit KB123039 to learn more about Remote Clipboard feature.
- Download the file using the link from the Remote Clipboard window and print it.
Printing from your host computer on a remote computer
To print on your host computer from a remote computer you just need to add your host computer to Parallels Access if it's not done already.
- Add your host computer to Parallels Access
- Share the file using File Sharing feature from your host computer.
- After you click the Share button, Parallels Access will notify you that the link to download the file has been added to the clipboard
- Paste the link to the Remote Clipboard window.
- Download the file on the remote computer using any web browser by pasting the link to the address bar.
- Print the file after the download process is finished.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.