If for some reason automatic push of the VDI agent cannot be performed, you may need to install the RAS VDI Agent on a VDI host manually.
Please note that the below instructions can only be used to install RAS VDI Agent in Windows.
To install the agent:
- Log in to the server where the RAS VDI Agent is to be installed using an administrator account and close all other applications.
- Copy the Parallels RAS installation file (RASInstaller.msi) to the server and run it. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- On the Select Installation Type page, select Custom and click Next.
- Click on the RAS VDI Agent and select Entire Feature will be installed on local hard drive from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure that all other components are deselected and click Next.
- Click Install to start the installation. Click Finish once the installation is finished.
The RAS VDI Agent does not require any configuration. Once the agent is installed, highlight the server name in the RAS Console and click Troubleshooting > Check Agent. If the agent is installed properly, the status should change to Agent Installed.