Everytime, when I am trying to connect to my Mac this error message appears: Connection Failed. Unable to connect to the remote computer.
Parallels Acces Agent on the host computer shown as "accessible". Issue persists only with one user account.
Issue with permissions for current user account.
- Go to access.parallels.com and remove your Mac from the list.
- Run Access on your Mac, make your mac accessible and go to access.parallels.com again and make sure that you can see your Mac there (Apply it).
- Also, make sure that “Support for assistive devices” (Apple logo -> System Preferences -> Accessibility -> Enable access for assistive devices) is turned on (for OS X)
- Check the issue.
If it does not help, check the user accounts' IDs by executing the following command in Terminal (Finder -> Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal):
dscl . -list /Users UniqueID (hit Return/Enter)
If you find any user account with ID=0 (except of root) - this is the root cause of the issue (for example please follow this article:
If there is no any user account with the same ID as root, refer to this article:
If the issue still persists, create new user account and reconnect Parallels Access:
- Click on the Start button
- Click on the Control Panel menu option
- Click on the Add or remove user accounts
- You will now be in the Manage Accounts control panel. To create a new account, click on the "Create a new account" option
- When you have finished selecting a name and the type of account you wish to setup, you should click on the "Create Account" button
- Reconnect Parallels Access