How to install a printer connected to AirPort?
Change virtual machine Network mode to Bridged:
- Open virtual machine configuration.
- Go to Hardware tab > Network > change the Type to the appropriate under Bridged Network.
The easiest way to proceed with printer installation is using Apple Bonjour Print Services for Windows.
However, sometimes, it is required to install printer manually. For this case, please follow the further instructions.
Open AirPort Utility and find out the DHCP IP address:
Start Windows virtual machine, go to Start > in the search box type Control Panel and hit Enter (return) > go to Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
Click Add a printer.
For Windows 8:
- If Windows finds the printer automatically (for Windows 8) then proceed with its installation.
- If there is no printer found click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Choose Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings and click Next.
For Windows 7:
- click Add a local printer.
Choose Create a new port, change the Type of port to Standard TCP/IP Ports and click Next.
In the Hostname or IP address box type the DHCP IP address from the Step 2 and click Next.
If you see Additional port information is required window, then choose Standard type, set it to Network Print Server (1 Port - USB) and click Next:
In the Install the printer driver window, find the model of your printer and click Next.
NOTE: if you cannot find the driver for your printer, you can click Windows Update button to download all the available drivers. Also, you can specify the path to printer driver clicking Have Disk..., if you already have it.
Windows can suggest using the driver that is currently installed. Click Next:
- Finish Printer installation.