Dynamic resolution does not work in Mac OS X virtual machine. The screen is blurred.
The process responsible for dynamic resolution ('dynres') hasn't been started properly.
- Open virtual machine configuration -> Options -> FullScreen and change Scale to fit screen from 'Auto' to 'Keep ration'. Once it is changed, return it back to 'Auto'.
- In Mac OS X virtual machine open Activity Monitor (Finder -> Applications -> Utilities), in the Menu bar set View -> All Proccesses.
- Locate dynres process. If it is there, kill it.
Open Finder, in menu bar: Go -> Go to Folder. In the appeared window type the following path:
/Library/Parallels Guest Tools/ and hit Go
- This should open Macintosh HD/Library/Parallels Guest Tools/ directory. Locate and start dynres process.
If dynres is not located in /Library/Parallels Guest Tools/:
Copy it from dynres to the /Library/Parallels Guest Tools/ directory manually.
Start Terminal (Finder -> Applications -> Utilities) and execute the following commands:
Now enter your Mac user password and hit Return (you will not see the symbols you type, that is ok):
cd /Library/Parallels\ Guest\ Tools/ chmod u+x dynres ./dynres
- Restart the virtual machine and check the issue.