Parallels Transporter Agent can not be installed on Windows 7 PC with the error:
"Warning 1910. Could not remove Parallels Transporter agent.lnk"
- Some third-party software changed Desktop.ini attributes
- Desktop.ini file has 'Read-only' attribute enabled
- Start your Windows PC, go to C:\Users\Public\Public Desktop folder
- Locate Desktop.ini (the file is hidden by default, to unhide it go to Control Panel -> Folder options -> View Tab -> in Advanced settings uncheck Hide protected operation system files (Recommended) ->Apply the settings).
- Right-click on Desktop.ini file -> open Properties (you should have Administrator privileges) -> uncheck Read-only attribute and save the settings.
- Reboot your PC, make sure the changes to Desktop.ini made in step 3 are saved.
- Install Parallels Transporter Agent.