I am unable to open any Windows interface (start menu/taskbar) when Windows virtual machine is running in Coherence mode. When I click on Windows 'Start' button nothing shows up.
Incorrect permissions of your current user account.
Repair Access Control Lists for your user account:
Reboot the Mac. While rebooting please hold Command+R combination to enter OS X Utilities menu.
Once you accessed OS X Utilities, please click Utilities menu on the upper bar -> choose Terminal.
In Terminal please type 'resetpassword' (without quotes) and hit Return.
In the Reset Password menu please select Macintosh HD and then select the user account which needs to be repaired.
Once the user is selected, please click on Reset under Reset Home Folder Permissions and ACLs menu.
- Once the repair is done please reboot your Mac, launch Windows virtual machine and check the issue.
Find the virtual machine file:
- start Parallels Desktop
- in the menu bar at the top go to Window > Virtual machines list
- right-click on the virtual machine name > Show in Finder
Change the permissions:
- right-click on WindowsXX.pvm > Get Info
- in the field 'Sharing & Permissions' please change to 'Read & Write' for all users in the list (including 'everyone' and 'staff')
Move your virtual machines to the /Users/Shared/Parallels folder
Create new test administrator user account:
- go to Finder > Applications > System Preferences > Users & Groups
- click on '+' to create a new user and called him Test
- in the field New Account choose Administrator
- set any name with simple password (e.g. 123) and click 'Create User'
- check the option Allow user to administer this computer
Log off from your current user account (Apple icon > Log out)
Log in the new test user account
- Launch Parallels Desktop and the virtual machine (you may need to choose the way to the virtual machine, it is /Users/Shared/Parallels)