While working in Microsoft Office 2013 in Windows virtual machine I experience a sudden graphical artifacts, when the most area of user interface in not displayed well.
I receive an error message "Power Point has detected that your graphics card may not be configured properly for optimal slide show experience."
Additionally, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms that reduce the functionality of an Office program:
- An Office program is blurry.
- Your screen flickers or flashes.
- An Office program is either mostly all white or all black.
- Text in your document is not displayed well.
- Your Office program crashes.
- The performance of an Office program (other than startup and shut down) is reduced.
You may experience these symptoms if you have a video configuration that is incompatible with the Office 2013 feature set that is responsible for displaying the application and for animations in the application.
Please disable hardware acceleration in Office 2013 following these steps:
Start any Office 2013 program.
On the File tab, click Options.
In the Options dialog box, click Advanced.
In the list of available options, click to select the Disable hardware graphics acceleration check box.
For example, the following figure shows this option in Microsoft Excel.
- Click OK.