SymptomsIcons for Windows programs are not shown in the Mac Dock when the virtual machine is in the Coherence view mode.
CauseWrong permissions of your Mac user home directory.
Resolution1. Restart your computer from the recovery partition: hold the Alt (option) key while restarting Mac ► choose Recovery console
OS X: About OS X Recovery: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718
2. Open Disk Utility and run a permissions repair on your startup volume:
- Select your MacintoshHD on the left side of the window, select "First Aid" tab on the right side.
- Click 'Repair disk permissions'.
- After this is complete, close Disk Utility.
3. Open Terminal from the Utilities menu.
- Type in "resetpassword" (without the quotes) and press return. A Reset Password window opens.
- Select your username from the drop down menu labeled 'Select the user account' (NOT System Administrator/root).
- Click the 'Reset' button at the bottom of the window in the 'Reset home folder permissions and ACLs' section.
- Quit the Password Utility and go back to the main recovery screen.
- On your keyboard, hit ⌘+ Q and restart your computer (Select Apple logo ► Restart from the menu bar). It's very important that you don't hold down the power button to exit the recovery session, or the ACL reset won't occur.