SymptomsPD7 build 14924 is supposed to fix the issue described in this article:
112317 Windows 8 falls to black screen after Parallels Tools installationHowever even after updating PD7, the issue is still there and even Sliding Mouse, Dynamic Resolution and Coherence, still do not work.
CauseThis may happen if you had applied workaround from this article:
112317 Windows 8 falls to black screen after Parallels Tools installationAND
your VM did not have Parallels tools installed during the PD7 update installation.
ResolutionPlease remove the unnecessary boot flag from your VM configuration:
- Shutdown your virtual machine but do not quit Parallels Desktop.
- Click on the Virtual Machine menu and choose Configure.
- Go to Hardware tab and click on Boot Order.
- In the Boot Flags field erase the following string:
- Close Configuration window and start your virtual machine.
- Install Parallels Tools from Virtual Machine → Install Parallels Tools.