How can I change my virtual machine's Hardware UUID?
Please note that it is currently not possible to set a specific Hardware UUID to a virtual machine, but you can make Parallels Desktop generate a random new one by performing the following steps:
- Make sure that the virtual machine is shut down. If it is in a suspended state, please run it and then shut down (Actions > Shut Down).
- Locate the virtual machine file: click on Parallels icon || > Control Center > right-click on the virtual machine > Show in Finder.
- Right-click the pvm file > Show package contents.
- Right-click on the config.pvs > Open with > TextEdit > locate a string that looks like:
- Change any digit or letter inside the curly braces.
- Press Command-S shortcut to save changes.
- Start the virtual machine.
Once you start the virtual machine, the UUID will be changed.