'Unable to start the virtual machine. The virtual machine cannot be started. Problem ID: 44'
- Go to Virtual machine menu -> Stop or terminate (Force Quit) prl_vm_app (ParallelsVM) process in Activity Monitor; then restart your Virtual machine
- Reboot your Mac
If that solution does not help please do the following:
- In Parallels Desktop menu bar go to Window -> Virtual Machines List
- Right-click on your Virtual machine and choose "Show in Finder"
- Right-click on your Virtual Machine's .pvm bundle and choose "Show package contents"
- Locate .sav and .mem files and delete them
- Restart the Virtual Machine.
Warning: all unsaved data from your last Windows session will be lost.