Starting from RAS v.18, Parallels Remote Application Server supports Microsoft FSLogix Profile Containers.
Select the method how Microsoft FSLogix Profile Containers are installed in your environment.
Open RAS Console-> Farm-> Settings-> Features tab.
From the tab you may select one of the following options:
- Manual: You have to manually install Microsoft FSLogix Apps on each server or vm.
- Online(Supported version): Microsoft FSLogix Apps would be downloaded from internet using the latest version provided by Microsoft and pushed for installation.
- Online(Custom): Microsoft FSLogix Apps would be downloaded from the specified link and pushed for installation.
- Install from a network share: you need to store executables on the network share specified.
- Push From Publishing Agent: you'll have to upload the executables using 'Upload button' and the installation would be pushed from RAS Publishing Agent(this could reduce network traffic).
Configure RDSH, WVD Host Pools or VDI vms to store user profiles using FSLogix technology:
- RAS Console-> Farm-> RDSH-> Properties-> User Profile tab.
- Select FSLogix under Technology frame.
- Select Location type: SMB location or Cloud cache to store User profiles:
- Specify the actual path where profile data would be stored.
- Also on this tab you may specify Profile disk format, Allocation type and the disk default size.
3. Additional configuration.
In native Microsoft FSLogix Profile Containers all the configuration is being done from Registry.
Despite Microsoft in Parallels RAS v.18 even additional parameters could be configured from GUI using Additional Settings... button.
- From Users and Groups tab you may configure User Inclusion or User Exclusion lists:
- You may customize profile folders and folder Inclusion or Exclusion lists:
- In Advanced tab you may configure such options like: 'Keep local profile', 'Temporary folders redirection mode', 'Prevent logons with temp profiles' and many others. You may highlight an option and a detailed description would be displayed: