I have installed new CentOS/RHEL/Fedora virtual machine, but I can't install Parallels Tools because of issue with kernel sources (kernel-devel package).
If you use graphic installation (install-gui), you will get standard error message:
And at the end of your /var/log/parallels-tools-install.log file you can see that kernel-devel package is still required for Parallels Tools installation:
If you use installation from terminal (install), you can get one of these messages:
Update your virtual machine kernel version before installing Parallels Tools:
1. Check available kernel versions, stored in your package repositories:
You will get output like that:
Here you can see information about possible kernel versions for you Virtual Machine. You can see, your installed kernel version is not the highest.
2. Install kernel package with the highest available kernel version (needs root permissions):
3. Finish package installation and reboot system.
4. Be sure you load with the highest kernel version:
5. Now you can install Parallels Tools. There should be no error with kernel-devel package .