Parallels team will provide expert level guidance and troubleshooting in connection with questions and issues arising from the installation, configuration, and use of Parallels software, bug fixes, issue resolution and access to Updates and Upgrades of the Parallels Software:
- Upgrades: means generally commercially available major new releases, modifications or enhancements to the same Parallels Software as designated by a change in the number to the left of the decimal in the version number.
- Updates: means generally commercially available code corrections, patches, updates and minor version releases of the same Parallels Software as designated by a change in the number to the right of the decimal in the version number.
- Installation: Support for installation (or upgrade) includes providing guidance and troubleshooting in connection with customers' downloading and installing, or upgrading the software.
- Configuration Issues: Support for configuration includes troubleshooting customers’ configuration settings for existing installations on approved environments to ensure proper operation and functionality.
- Basic Product Functionality Questions: Parallels experts will answer your "how to" questions related to standard and intended product usage.
- Product Defect Verification and Reporting: Bug identification.
- Enhancement and Feature Request Submission
Version of supported products covered by Parallels Support Team
- Supported versions: Parallels will provide Support only for the versions of the Product specified in the Product Documentation or as specified at the time of purchase. Changes to supported versions will be announced in advance on the Parallels website and via e-mail notifications.
- New Versions – 3rd Party Software: For 3rd Party Software, Parallels may offer complementary trial subscription to 3rd Party Software installed from Parallels products, providing support for some or all of the 3rd Party Software versions at Parallels discretion. Parallels will announce such coverage in the Release Documentation.
- Environments Supported: Parallels supports use of its products only on the platforms (hardware and Operating Systems) specified in the Release Documentation for each Parallels Product.
What Support excludes
- Parallels Software that is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than that specified in the applicable documentation
- Virus Infections
- Spam Protection
- System/Server administration activities
- Routine product maintenance (data backup, cleaning disk space and configuring log rotation)
- 3rd Party Applications not provided by Parallels
- Altered or modified Parallels Software, unless altered or modified by Parallels or as defined in the Product Documentation or Knowledge Base
- Defects in the Parallels Software due to hardware malfunction, abuse or improper use
- Any version of the Parallels Software for which Support services have been discontinued by Parallels as documented in the Parallels End of Life Policy
- Reimbursing and expenses spent for 3rd Party Services not provided by Parallels.
- Parallels Support excludes training, customization, integration and any issues arising from non-standard usage of the Software
- Evaluation software or other software provided at no charge and any Parallels Software sold separately by Parallels, including, without limitation, consulting code, unless generally made available to Parallels’ subscription customers at no additional charge.