In some of the cases you may need to compare behavior between RAS and native RDP. Follow below instructions in order to test RemoteApp mirroring via MSTSC client. Strings below include .rdp file settings, which are required to run a remote app session.
1. Open Notepad and create a text file with the following:
2. You need to customize the following settings in the file:
-full address – The network name of your VM.
-remoteapplicationname – The name of the application on the VM
-remoteapplicationprogram – The path to the application on the VM
-remoteapplicationcmdline – Command line options for the executable; this is optional
3. Save the file as a .rdp file. Example below:
4. Because your .rdp file is not digitally signed, you may receive an unknown publisher warning. In the event you do, click the Connect button.
5. Next, you’ll get the RemoteApp connection window. Enter your username and password and your application will run.