Migration from a PC to a Mac fails soon after startup. An error message appears: An error occurred while migrating the disks.
If you open the parallels.log file located in C:\Windows\Logs on the PC, you will find the following error messages:
Read from FS snapshot failed:
ERROR CODE: 0x0010c45a:0x0000;
DESCRIPTION: CRC error
Error : Failed to read next block from DA snapshot, error 0x8103251
Error: FS volume migration failed with error : 0x8103251
Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) error. CRC errors appear when the transferred data is damaged.
- Make sure you have the latest update of Parallels Desktop installed.
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of Parallels Transporter Agent from the Parallels website.
Check all hard disks installed on the PC for errors:
- Go to Start > Computer.
- Right-click on each hard disk installed on the PC > Properties > Tools > Check Now > Check both check-boxes and click "Start".
- Restart the PC.
- Wait until your hard disks are checked for errors (it may take some time).
- Start the migration again. Try to avoid using a Wi-Fi connection for the migration.
For more information on troubleshooting migration issues, please check KB 113269.