The following error message appears during the initialization procedure while preparing for migration (right after the Migrate button is pressed) or at the data transfer stage:
The migration could not be completed; an error occurred while migrating the disks.
There are two reasons for this error:
- Previous migration has completed incorrectly.
- File system errors on the computer you are trying to migrate.
- On the physical PC: close Parallels Transporter Agent , perform a file system integrity check (see this article for Windows Vista and this article for Windows7) and start it again.
- On the Mac side: close Parallels Wizard, and retry migration.
- If the problem persists, on your Mac press the Report a problem button. On a remote PC, choose Report a problem from the Parallels Transporter Agent system menu.
- Contact Parallels Support, explain the problem and provide reference numbers when possible.