Note for Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac users
According to our licensing policy, an upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac is supported from the following versions only:
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Upgrade
- Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac
- Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac Upgrade
If your previous version key is for Parallels Desktop 7 or earlier, please visit the Parallels Convenience Store to purchase a full license for Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac:
An upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac can be activated:
Immediately after the application is installed and the key is registered.
- After it has been activated with a trial key.
Once you register your key, the application will prompt to activate it.
Note: An Internet connection is required for immediate activation.
Enter your activation key (dashes will be added automatically):
- Once you enter the key, it will be validated.
- If the key is valid, it will be marked with a check. If the key is not valid, it will be marked with a red cross. If the cross appears, make sure you entered the key correctly and try submitting it again.
- If you do not have a previous version of Parallels Desktop installed, you will also be prompted to enter a full license or upgrade key for that version.
Enter your previous version key for Parallels Desktop 8 or 9. Once the key is validated, click Activate.
If your Mac is connected to the Internet, Parallels Desktop 10 will be activated.
If your Mac is not connected to the Internet, you will not be able to activate Parallels Desktop 10 permanently. Your non-activated copy of Parallels Desktop 10 will work for 14 days—then it will be blocked.
To activate Parallels Desktop 10 permanently with a commercial key, connect your Mac to the Internet. If a connection is not possible, activate Parallels Desktop 10 manually.
If you try to activate Parallels Desktop 10 without an Internet connection, you will see an Unable to confirm the product license notification:
The next screen will provide manual activation instructions:
- Once you receive your confirmation code, enter it into the field provided, then click Activate.
Activating After Using the Trial version
If you’re using a trial license, you can replace it anytime with a commercially purchased license by following these instructions:
- Launch Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac. Confirm that you are not in Coherence view mode. (If you are, switch to Window view mode using the Exit Coherence option.)
- Click on Parallels Desktop from the Parallels Desktop menu line on top of the screen, select Activate Product from the drop-down list.
- Enter your key for Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac Upgrade.
- After a valid upgrade key has been entered, the application may prompt you to enter a previous version key.
- Enter your previous version key if it’s requested, then click Activate.
If your Mac is not connected to the Internet, see the “Manual Activation” section above.