NOTE: If you intend to upgrade to OS X Yosemite public beta, on the current beta version Apple has suggested making a complete backup of your system prior to installing the latest beta.
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac and earlier versions
If you intend to upgrade to Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) public beta, please note that Parallels Desktop for Mac version 8 and earlier will not support OS X Yosemite (10.10) public beta. You will not be able to launch your Windows Virtual Machine or directly use your files through Parallels Desktop for Mac version 8 and earlier.
To continue using Parallels Desktop for Mac in OS X Yosemite public beta you should upgrade to Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac: http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/
Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac
The latest update of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac does support OS X Yosemite public beta and is available to address the majority of the OS X Yosemite public beta compatibility issues.
Please make sure that you have the latest update by downloading it here.
Knows issues with Parallels Desktop 9 and OS X Yosemite public beta
• OS X 10.10 virtual machine hangs with black screen on boot after initialization guest Mac OS X upgrade.
• OS X 10.10 virtual machine hangs with partition selection screen on boot after initialization guest Mac OS X upgrade.
• Coherence window become unresponsive after switching to Fullscreen.
• Parallels Desktop installation may be corrupted.
• Various GUI artifacts.
• “Open in Windows” option may not work.
• Parallels Tools update may cause troubles.
NOTE: If you experience one of these issues please contact Parallels Support team: http://www.parallels.com/support/
Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac
A new version of Parallels Desktop 10 is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. For more information about upgrading to Parallels Desktop 10 please visit KB122647