- I want to open a webpage in Internet Explorer browser of my Windows virtual machine, but the Open in Internet Explorer icon is missing from Safari OS X browser:
- Safari plugin was not installed;
- Safari was not restarted after installing the plugin.
Open virtual machine's configuration window -> Options tab -> Web & Email -> click Install Plugin
Confirm plugin install
The plugin will start working in few seconds, restart Safari if it didn't. Now you can click on the button below in Safari to open a webpage in Internet Explorer:
Installing the plugin in Parallels Desktop 10 and earlier:
- Open Finder -> go to Applications
- Right-click on the Parallels Desktop application > Show Package Contents...
- Proceed to Contents/Library/Safari/Extensions
- Launch OpenIE.safariextz file and install the plugin.