- Your wired or wireless keyboard does not work in a Virtual Machine
- Hot keys, key combinations, shortcuts do not work
- You are unable to type specific characters like @ ~ $
- Keyboard layouts issue
- If your keyboard does not work at all in a Virtual Machine, please check Keyboard does not work at all part of this article.
- If you have a shortcut issue, hot key or key combinations issue please check Shortcuts issues troubleshooting part of this article.
- If you are unable to type specific characters, please check Specific and National characters troubleshooting part of this article.
- If you have a keyboard layout issue, please check Keyboard layouts issue part of this article.
- Select Virtual Machine, click Configure.
- Click on the Hardware Tab and select Mouse and Keyboard.
- For the options "Mouse" and "Keyboard" select "Optimize for games" from each of their drop-down options.
- See if it will resolve the concern.
Keyboard does not work at all
113632 - Unable to use Wireless Keyboard in Windows virtual machine;
112939 - Mouse and keyboard drivers in Windows Virtual Machine;
8246 - Keyboard and mouse do not work after migration from VMware to Parallels Desktop;
8634 - Keyboard does not work in virtual machine if FileVault is enabled in Mac OS.
Shortcuts issues troubleshooting
112271 - Windows or Mac shortcuts do not work in Mac OS X virtual machine;
5443 - Quicken hot key 'CTRL+SHIFT' does not work;
111877 - CTRL + Arrow Functionality Lost;
5020 - F9-F12 function keys do not work as expected in Virtual Machine.
Specific and National characters troubleshooting
5965 - Keyboard mapping for national-specific layouts;
113652 - Unable to use Num Lock in Windows Virtual Machine;
112603 - The "pipe" character is missing in virtual machine with German keyboard layout;
113905 - CapsLock does not work correctly in Windows virtual machine.
Keyboard layouts issue
113706 - How to switch to my Mac keyboard layout in Windows virtual machine?
111674 - Keyboard layouts in Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac.