If you get locked out of Windows when working with a Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 virtual machine via Parallels Mobile, you may fail to enter the user's password. This temporary problem occurs when you have the international keyboard support enabled (it is enabled by default) in the Parallels Mobile settings.
We are currently working to fix this problem. In the meantime, here is the workaround for it.
If you got locked out of Windows and cannot enter the user's password, do the following:
- Quit Parallels Mobile by pressing the Home button on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
- Now open the Parallels Mobile settings. To this effect, open Settings on your Apple device and tap the Parallels icon in the Apps section.
- Disable the international keyboard support by sliding the International Keyboard switch to the OFF position.
- Press the Home button to quit Settings.
- Open Parallels Mobile.
- Enter the user's password to log in to the guest operating system.
- Enable the international keyboard support again after you logged in to Windows. Repeat steps 1 - 5. Step 3 is the only exception: slide the International Keyboard switch to the ON position.
- In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options > Require a password when the computer wakes. Select Don't require a password and click Save Changes.
In Windows XP, go to Start > Control Panel > Power Options and select the Advanced tab. Clear the Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby option and click OK.