After upgrading to Parallels Desktop 6, some of your Windows applications freeze, will not start or just crash.
Some applications may not work properly or fail to open files from the Mac side due to incorrect time zone.
Things to try
1) If your application crashes, freezes or refuses to start, please try to reinstall your application. Be sure to back up all of your data first.
2) If you cannot open files from the Mac side, or an application gives you an error message upon startup, please try the following steps:
- Disable the Shared Profile in your virtual machine configuration
- Move the files you need to open to the Windows side and try to open them again
- Disable all of the Shared Applications options in your virtual machine configuration, then delete the Windows Applications folder from the 'Applications' folder on your Mac. Lastly, restart your virtual machine and enable Shared Applications.
3) In case your application (e.g. Outlook, or ActiveSync) has issues with time zones or time settings, please refer to the following KB article: