After having activated your copy of Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac with an activation key, you will be asked to register your copy of the product. Parallels highly encourage you to register your copy of Parallels Desktop 6.0 for Mac.
1. Stay Current - all registered customers can enable automated updates and have most up-to-date software installed.
2. Safe - your activation key will be stored under your personal account and could be located at any time if required.
3. Save - registered Parallels Desktop customers are always aware of any discounts or promotions held by Parallels
4. Support - register your purchased copy and get Technical Support for free (first month you get free phone/chat support, as well as 18 month after the version 6 release you are entitled to free email support).
Basically, there are two ways to register your activation key:
1. Using in-built registration service
2. On Parallels website
Once your copy of Parallels Desktop 6.0 for Mac has been activated it will also prompt you to register:
A. If you already have an account with Parallels, please login using that email.
Enter your email address as well as your current account password.
You will see the registration dialog with some of your account information already filled in:
Verify that your account information is up to date, and enter any additional information requested except the password (unless you would like to change your current password) and press "Register".
Your Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac activation key will be registered to your existing Parallels account.
B. If you do not have a Parallels account yet.
In case you do not have an account at the Parallels web site - click on the "Create New Account" button at the bottom.
You will see the registration dialog for new Parallels users:
Enter the email that you would like to register your key to, fill in other required information. Enter a new password, confirm it and press "Register".
This will allow you to create your own account with Parallels and register your Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac activation key to it.
Registering on www.parallels.com
If you have an account:
* Login with your email and password.
* Go to "My Registered Products"
* Copy/paste your activation key into the registration field and press "Register".
If you do not have an account:
* Go to https://www.parallels.com/account/
* Click on "Create Your Account" - > "Continue"
* Enter personal information and press "Register"
After that you will receive email with account activation URL. Activate your account.
To register your key, login to your newly created account, go to "My Registered Products", copy and paste your Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac activation key and press "Register".
After key registration you will get your personal Support Code. For more information about Support Code check article #8496.
While registering you may get the following error message:
"Please check that you entered your activation key number correctly."
The key you entered is not a correct key for Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac. Please verify that you entered the correct key. If you received the activation key via email, please copy and paste it. If they key is printed on the CD sleeve kindly make sure you enter it correctly.