SummaryParallels Desktop 5 for Mac build 9344 includes changes that improve performance and enhance compatibility. This update is highly recommended for all users of Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac.
Obtaining the Update
Updates for Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac are available via:
- Parallels Desktop in-product updater
- Parallels Website
To install the update, do one of the following:
- Choose Check for Updates from the Help menu.
- Choose the update you want to install and click Install.
- Download the update build from the Parallels Website and install it manually.
When you first start your virtual machine after installing the update, please update Parallels Tools in it.
Additional InformationThis update includes the following new features and enhancements:
Guest Operating Systems
- Google Chrome OS support.
- Improved performance of WDDM driver.
- Improved performance of virtual machines with Mac OS X Server v10.6.3 and v10.6.2 guest operating systems installed.
- Compatibility issues with Parallels Internet Security installed in virtual machines running on Nehalem-based iMac and Mac Pro were fixed.
- In a clean installation of Windows XP, My Computer opens without delay.
- Waking Mac OS from sleep doesn't affect the Coherence performance.
- Improved virtual hard disk caching mode.
- Spotlight indexing enabled in Mac OS can no longer influence Boot Camp virtual machines booting speed.
- Other performance improvements.
- MacLook fixes and improvements.
- Enhanced appearance of the menu in Crystal mode.
- Correct handling of text copied from Mac OS and pasted to a non-Unicode application in the virtual machine.
- Mac OS Desktop Aliases for Windows applications work properly.
- USB Flash devices and CD/DVD network drives can be opened in virtual machines by double-clicking their icons.
- Shared Windows applications are opened correctly when the virtual machine is suspended or paused.
- Improved support for Windows Live Mail.
- Improved handling of shared folders used by OneNote 2007, ProShow, and Marvin Sketch.
- Improved support for OpenGL in Linux virtual machines.
- Improved graphical performance of RealFlow in Ubuntu virtual machines.
- Artifacts like transparent 3D games windows in Ubuntu virtual machines were fixed.
- Improved graphics in Perforce client.
- Switching view modes while working in Autodesk Inventor does not cause graphical artifacts like black screen.
- White areas of the screen no longer appear in the Tin Soldiers Julius Caesar game.
- Problems with video in Internet Explorer 8 when Aero is enabled in Windows 7 were resolved.
- Other graphics improvements.
- Enhanced compatibility with Cisco VPN.
- FTP upload speed increased.