AutoUpdate Client of the Windows Update service crashes in the 32-bit Windows XP virtual machines with Parallels Internet Security installed on Nehalem-based iMac and Mac Pro.
ResolutionThe issue has been fixed in PD 5, please update Parallels Desktop application to get rid of the problem.
WorkaroundIf you do not wish to update right now, you may follow this workaround:
1. Shut down your virtual machine.
2. Open Virtual Machine Configuration by selecting Configure from the Virtual Machine menu.
3. In the Virtual Machine Configuration window, click Hardware, and select Boot Order in the sidebar.
4. In the Boot flags field, type the following:
5. Click OK to confirm the changes.