SymptomsAfter upgrade to Parallels Desktop 5 on Mac SO X 10.4.11 Tiger every time when you are trying to connect your USB device to virtual machine Parallels Desktop gives you an error message:
Unable to connect the USB device to your virtual machine. The device cannot be connected now. Please try again later.
CauseThis error message is caused by USB connection driver for Mac OS X 10.4
ResolutionThis issue is fixed in the latest Parallels Desktop 5 update - build 9308. Please update your Parallels Desktop.
You can download it here:
If you for some reason do not want to update Parallels Desktop to the latest build we have a workaround for you:
1. Make sure you can administrate your computer:
- Go to the System Preferences --> System --> Accounts
- Select your account and make sure option "Allow user to administer this computer" is checked.
2. Start Terminal application:
- Open Finder
- Go to Applications --> Utilities
- Double click on Terminal
3. Copy/paste the below command to the Terminal window and press Enter.
Warning: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss or the deletion of important system files.
sudo sed -i".bak" '/PrlProbeScore/d' /Library/Parallels/Parallels\ Service.app/Contents/Kexts/10.4/prl_usb_connect.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Note: You should copy the whole command! Not line by line.
4. Reboot your Mac and try to connect your device.