Release notesParallels Desktop 4.0 Build 3848 is available for download:
Bugfixes and improvements
- Shared profile issues in Windows 7 – fixed.
- Dynamic resolution might not work in a Linux guest OS with the default amount of video memory. It might be necessary to increase the video memory size to at least 6 MB to let the feature work.
- Time difference is not saved between Mac OS and Linux guest even if the “Allow time difference between host and guest" option is enabled.
- Recycle bin integration does not work if Mac OS Dock auto hide is enabled.
- Disk encryption tools make Windows boot extremely long. To work around this issue, add the “kernel.real_mode_vtx=0” to the system flags in the CPU settings.
- Sound quality in Mac OS X guest is not very high.
- Certain 3D applications (like 3D Canvas, Autodesk Inventor, and some others) may work improperly when 256 MB of video memory is allocated to the virtual machine. To work around this issue, decrease the video memory to 128 MB.
- A message about ATI service that failed to start may appear in Boot Camp Windows virutal machine after booting. This message does not affect the virutal machine performance and can be barely ignored.
- Windows Vista in a Boot Camp virtual machine may require reactivation after upgrading from Parallels Desktop 3.0 to this version of Parallels Desktop.
- A wrong CPU driver is installed in a virtual machine that was initially migrated from a Virtual PC, then used with Parallels Desktop 3.0, and finally converted to Parallels Desktop 4.0 format. This results in high CPU usage in host OS with no application using CPU in the guest OS. To workaround the issue, reinstall CPU drivers in Device Manager inside the guest OS.
- Improper textures in Serious Sam 2 and Far Cry.
- Poor performance of Black and White 2.
- Breath of Fire 4 does not work properly in the 32-bit color mode.
- Problem scrolling in Punch Home Design.
- Apple iSight disappears from Mac OS X if connected to and disconnected from a virtual machine multiple times in a row.
- Apple USB modem does not work in the guest OS.
- Boot Camp virtual machines cannot be created on Mac host computers that have TechTools eDrive installed.
* If you are upgrading from PD4 build 3844 or older on Snow Leopard host - please check http://kb.parallels.com/en/6684
* If you are upgrading from PD3 on Snow Leopard host - please check http://kb.parallels.com/en/5999