1. Solution below should be used only in case the symptoms of the issue with your Parallels Desktop installation exactly match the ones described in this article.
2. Solution below should be used only in case the version 4 build 3844 is currently installed. Do not use it with any other build of Parallels Desktop. You can verify the version and build by clicking on Parallels Desktop -> About Parallels Desktop in the top menu.
Here are the Symptoms:
- You have upgraded from Parallels Desktop for Mac version 4 build 3810 to Parallels Desktop for Mac version 4 build 3844.
- You observe the following issue: When starting the Virtual Machine Parallels Desktop warns you that "One or more kernel components loaded on your Mac are for another version of Parallels Desktop".
Resolution1. Download the Cleanup Kernel Extensions utility to the Mac side and extract from the archive (to do this, please right-click on the file downloaded and select 'Open with -> Archive Utility.app').
2. Run it. The utility will welcome you and inform that administrator password is required.
3. Supply the password.
4. The utility will inform you that obsolete kernel components are removed and suggest a reboot.
5. Reboot your Mac.