This article is for Parallels Desktop 7 or earlier. If you have Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac or higher, check this article: http://kb.parallels.com/en/114686
Please perform the following steps to use the built-in Mac Bluetooth in Windows under Parallels Desktop:
Note: If your Mac does not have a CD/DVD drive or your version of Mac OS X does not have a DVD media, please check this article: http://kb.parallels.com/en/113274
- Insert the Mac OS X Installation DVD.
- Open Parallels Desktop.
- Start the Windows virtual machine.
- Mount the DVD drive to the virtual machine:
- Go to Virtual Machine -> Configure -> Hardware -> CD/DVD 1, and select 'Connected' if available.
- Go to Virtual Machine -> Configure -> Hardware -> CD/DVD 1, and select Choose your real Mac CD-ROM from the list (if it is not already selected).
- After starting Windows, the DVD automatically launches if Autorun is enabled. Close this autorun window.
- From the Windows side, open 'My Computer'.
- Right-click 'WindowsSupport (CD/DVD Drive)', then click 'Explore'.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for the installer.
- Restart the virtual machine when prompted.
As soon as the Bluetooth drivers are installed, go to the Parallels top menubar and click 'Devices' -> 'USB' and connect 'Apple - Wireless' or 'Apple USB Bluetooth'
If the Bluetooth device is still not operable, try updating the drivers manually:
- Go to Start -> right-click (or Control+click) on 'My Computer' and select 'Manage'
- Switch to the 'Device Manager' pane
- Right-click (or Control+click) on the Bluetooth device in question (it might be also shown as Unknown device or marked with yellow sign) and choose 'Update driver"'
- Select "No, not this time" when asked about connecting to Windows update server
- Select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)'
- Select 'Don't search, I will choose the driver to install'
- On the next screen click 'Have disk' and browse for the AppleBT.inf file located in the AppleBluetoothInstaller on your Mac DVD.
- Select 'Open' and wait while setup is finished
- Reboot the virtual machine.
In case this solution did not help, please refer to the article #113274.