Boot the virtual machine using the original Windows installation disk, and copy the mup.sys [mup.s??] file from the disk using the EXPAND command:
- Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into your Mac.
- Open Configuration Editor, find the CD/DVD-ROM options, choose the "Default CD/DVD-ROM" and make sure the "enable" and "connect at startup" check-boxes are selected. Click OK to close Configuration Editor and save the changes you've made in the VM configuration.
- Start the virtual machine.
- When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
- In the Windows XP setup menu, press the "R" key to repair Windows and open the Windows XP Recovery Console.
- Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
- You will then be prompted to enter your administrator password.
- Copy the file below to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying the file from the CD/DVD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.
expand /r E:\i386\MUP.SY_ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
- Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.
Solution B.If the issue persists, repair Windows installation