Parallels RAS uses concurrent-user licensing. This means that a given user can establish any number of connections to Parallels RAS as long as the number of users simultaneously accessing Parallels RAS does not exceed the number of available licenses.
Consider the following examples:
- One user, one device, one connection — one license is needed.
- One user, one or multiple devices, multiple connections — one license is needed.
- Multiple users, each establishing one or multiple connections — a license is needed for each user.
- When all licenses are used up, the Grace Period is triggered.
The Remote Application Server user based licensing system allows you to rectify the total licensed users within 30 days from the moment the limit is exceeded. When the grace period is triggered, a notification email is automatically sent to the Remote Application Server administrator. You can also opt to send a notification email to the Sales team to help you in managing your licenses proactively.
Should the 30 days grace period expire, the number of license available will go back to the original number.
No matter how many licenses in your subscription, you'll receive a single license key.
A Parallels RAS pre-paid subscription, works as follows:
- Your active subscription allows you to upgrade to a newer version of Parallels Remote Application Sever whenever one becomes available.
- A subscription is purchased for a predefined period of time, either one year, two years, or three years.
- If a subscription is purchased online, by default it is set to automatically renew when the subscription period ends. Subscriptions purchased through a reseller must be renewed manually through the reseller.
- A subscription can include any number of individual licenses (concurrent users), with a minimum of 15 licenses.
- Support is included in the cost of the subscription.
Read here to Upgrade an Existing License : http://kb.parallels.com/en/123996