- I am running Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, and I want to upgrade Mac OS to version 10.12. Are there any limitations exist?
- Is Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac compatible with macOS Sierra?
While Parallels Desktop 10 will run your virtual machines on macOS Sierra, you will not be able to access your Windows files with Mac applications and a new installation of Parallels Desktop 10 will not work on macOS Sierra.
To enjoy all new features of macOS Sierra and full compatibility please upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac.
Parallels Desktop 12 has improved performance and over 100+ new features compared to Parallels Desktop 10, and is fully optimized and enhanced for macOS Sierra.
Upgrading to Parallels Desktop 12 also delivers the features of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac, Parallels Toolbox and Acronis 500 GB of online backup storage for 1 year both at no additional charge.
Known issues with Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac and mac OS Sierra
- No support for creating macOS 10.12 Sierra virtual machines
- No access to virtual machines files from Finder (inversed sharing)
- Video artifacts when using a virtual machine on external monitor
What's New in Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac (click here to expand)
What's New in Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac (click here to expand)
For more information please visit: parallels.com/products/desktop/whats-new