Parallels Client has certain pre-requisites for successful connection:
Note: Instructions on setting up the connection are available in this article.
Parallels Remote Application Server:
- Parallels Primary Connection (Parallels ClientSecure Gateway).
- Connection Mode.
- Port Parallels ClientSecure Gateway is listening on.
- Username and password to authenticate with Parallels ClientSecureGateway.
Standard RDP Connection:
- Server Hostname/IP
- RDP port to connect over (default 3389)
- Username and password to authenticate with the server users are connecting through
Following options are available in Settings menu:
- Keep Device Awake: Screen will not switch off while connection is running, after device idle time elapsed.
- Show Keyboard Automatically: When enabled the on screen keyboard will automatically open when on an input field.
- Run in background: Connection will stay active for a defined timeframe, when Parallels Client is running in a background.
- Report Statistics: Enable/disable participation in customer experience program.
- Use Detailed Message Log: Enable/disable logging for troubleshooting purposes.
- Orientation: On Auto mode - session resolution is adjusted to orientation of device. If set to Portrait/Landscape, resolution is set accordingly upon connection.
- Change resolution: This option is available in Auto Orientation mode only.
- Server Authentication: This option affects connection behavior depending on Gateway or RDP server certificates.
- Reset all hidden messages: Resets all messages, that were disabled by "Do not ask me again" dialog option.