Parallels MDM allows you to manage applications installed on your mobile devices. You can review installed applications on each mobile device, push out applications onto the phone, as well as de-install applications with a few mouse clicks. Application management can be done for an individual device, for a group of devices or for ALL mobile devices managed by you.
You can deploy apps to individual mobile devices or to groups of mobile devices;
- To deploy an app to a single mobile phone, select the device and go to the Applications tab.
- To deploy an app to a group of mobile devices, go to the Group Policies node, select the group and go to the Applications tab.
- Now select the App from Google Play, the Apple App Store, Add from Repository or select the actual application file (APK).
You can remove apps from individual mobile devices or groups of devices as follows;
- To remove an app from a single mobile phone, select the device and go to the Applications tab.
- To remove an app from a group of mobile devices, go to the Group Policies node, select the group and go to the Applications tab.
- Click Remove Application to have the application removed.
The App Repository allows you to create a repository of enterprise apps that you can easily deploy to one or more mobile devices. You can refer to the App Repository from the App Management Group, from the phone’s Applications tab or from the Group Policies Applications tab.
Mobile Device Manager allows you to proactively control what apps get installed to any mobile device. This is achieved via Whitelisting or Blacklisting apps. These functions are mutually exclusive, i.e. you must either decide to take the Whitelisting approach or the Blacklisting approach.
A whitelist specifies applications that the user is allowed to install. You will need to list all apps that may be installed on the devices.
A blacklist specifies applications which should not be installed by the user. To create a Blacklisted or Whitelisted app:
- Select the Group Policy for which you want to Whitelist or Blacklist an app.
Go to the Application Control Tab.
- Specify the whether the App will be Blacklisted or Whitelisted.
- Click Add Application.
- Add the app in question from one of the above options.
- Click ‘Apply’
The Application Control tab currently only lists Whitelisted or Blacklisted apps. Currently apps can only be Whitelisted or Blacklisted at Group Policy level. It is not possible to Blacklist an app system wide or per phone.
Caution: Enabling the Whitelist radio button without applications added to the list will not allow ANY applications to be installed on devices added to that group without creating an application control violation.
Adding applications will automatically deploy these applications to all devices in the group. You can add applications from the following sources:
- An APK file - directly upload the APK file (Android).
- Google Play - will install the app from the Google Play store.
- Appstore - will install the app from the Apple App Store.
- Repository - you can install apps stored in the App Repository.
NOTE: If you wish to configure email on Android devices for users, you must ensure that the AquaMail for MDM app is deployed.
Viewing Apps Installed on All Mobile Devices
Reviewing apps installed on all devices on a regular basis helps ensure that no malware or inappropriate apps are present on mobile devices that you manage.
To see all the applications installed on all mobile devices go to the App Management group and then click on the Installed Apps node. This shows all the applications installed on all mobile devices. You can see the application Name, Application id, how many devices it is installed on and for which OS. In the details tab that appears at the bottom you can see the Device name that the application is installed on, the username associated with that device, the app version name, and the App Status
Remove one or more applications from ALL devices by selecting the application and clicking Remove Application.