Parallels Remote Application Server allows Administrators of to get notified when an important event is executed.
Notifications can be can be generated for any of the below events:
- CPU utilization on a server is higher than the configured amount.
- Memory utilization on the server is higher than the configured amount.
- Number of sessions connected to a server is higher than the configured amount.
- Number of disconnected sessions is higher than the configured amount.
- RAS Terminal Server Agent has disconnected from or reconnected to the farm.
Configuring Notification Counters
Notification counters can be configured as follows:
- In the RAS Console, select the Administration category and then click the Notifications tab.
- Select the desired event(s) and specify a value in the Parameters column (right-click an event and click Edit).
In the Notification Interval field, specify the interval (in minutes) at which the notifications will be emailed to the administrator.
Note: The mailbox should be configured in the RAS Console for the outgoing email functionality to work.
Configuring SMTP Server Connection for System Notifications via Email
The Mailbox Setup tab page in the Administration category allows you to configure an SMTP server for outgoing emails. The SMTP server is required for the administrator to receive system event alerts (as described in the previous section) and to send invitation emails to the users.
SMTP server can be configured as follows:
- In the RAS Console, select the Administration category and then click the Mailbox Setup tab.
- In the Mailbox Server field, type your mail server FDQN or IP address.
- In the Sender Address field, type the sender address.
- Select the Use TLS / SSL and SMTP server requires authentication options if needed (type the SMTP server username and password in the fields provided).
- The Test Email section can be used to test your SMTP server configuration. You can type more than email address, separated by a semicolon. Click Send Test Email to test the settings.