My Boot Camp based virtual machine crashes with BSOD 0x0000000A:
Corrupted prl_boot.sys file.
The issue is fixed in the latest Parallels Desktop 11 update. Please do the following:
- Download and install the latest Parallels Desktop 11 build.
Replace the corrupted file. Save one of the following archives depending on your Windows version:
NOTE: To find out a bit version of your Windows, please visit this article. If you don't know your Windows version, please boot your virtual machine into Safe mode as described in Step 3 and follow instructions from article mentioned above .
- Save file downloaded in Step 2 to external drive or USB stick.
- Boot directly in Bootcamp into a Safe mode.
Pass your external drive or USB stick to your virtual machine.
Go to Devices > External Devices and select your external drive or USB stick from list.
- Open directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers
Open your external drive or USB. Unzip the archive. Replace prl_boot.sys file in the
with the one you copied to your external drive or USB stick.
- Restart Bootcamp in the Normal Mode.