"Open in Web Browser" feature does not work. Safari can't open this page because of time out.
Web server must be set up in Guest OS.
Example for Microsoft Windows 10:
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off
Check Internet Information Services and proceed with installing this role (just click on next in the wizard).
Open Windows Firewall. Here you need to set two new inbound rules to allow traffic through pory 80 in both protocols - TCP and UDP. To do so:
- In Control Panel open Firewall > Advanced Settings.
- Create new inbound rule
- In the wizard select Port and click Next.
- Select TCP and specify port 80
- Select Allow this connection.
- Select all sets and click on Next. On the last page of Wizard give a name to this rule (e. g. HTTP TCP) and finish creation.
- Do the same procedure while creating rule for UDP
Now, open web browser and open your router settings (by default just need to type 192.168.1.1)
Here you need to configure port forwarding (usually located at the Advanced Settings > NAT > Port Forwarding, it depends on firmware and vendor of router) So you need to set port 80 for both protocols, specify ip address of your Guest OS.
- Almost done, now open IIS Manager that you installed previously at step 1-2
Add new website:
Specify the Folder of your webserver (defaut directory is C:\inetpub\wwwroot)
That's it. Now "Open in Web browser" feature will work properly and browser on your Mac will be able to open web page.