System Requirements for Remote Application Server
The server hardware requirements to install and configure Parallels Remote Application Server can vary according to end-user requirements.
Typically for an installation of 30 users or under, Parallels Remote Application Server can be installed on one high specification server and the resources published directly from it. For more than 30 users, multiple servers may be required.
The below should be considered during the planning stage of a Parallels Remote Application Server deployment:
- High specification servers should be used, consisting of multiple CPU cores, a high specification disk transfer rate and plenty of RAM
- Virtual machine hypervisors can be used as long as the resources required by the end-users are calculated accordingly.
- Terminal servers should not exceed 50 users per terminal server in usage.
- The Secure Gateway should not exceed 200 users per server for incoming connections.
- When planning VDI Hypervisor resource requirements, extra requirements such as RAM usage per virtual machine and disk space should be taken into account.
The Parallels Remote Application Server core components (Publishing Agent and Secure Client Gateway) should be installed on Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2 Server operating system.
Recommendation: The Parallels Remote Application Server should not be installed on a domain controller or any other server where a DHCP server is running.
Parallels Terminal Server Agents should be installed on Windows Server 2003 SP1, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 Server operating system with Terminal Services / Remote Desktop Services enabled.
Parallels RDP Client is approved for the following operating systems:
Windows XP SP3 Windows Vista Windows 2003 SP1 Windows 7 Windows 8. 8.1 Windows CE Windows Embedded Mac 10.5.x and above iOS (iPhone and iPad) Android 1.5 and above Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS, 15.04 LTS OpenSuse 13.1, 13.2 Fedora 20, 21 Linux Mint 17 LTS (Qiana), Linux Mint 17 (Rebecca) Debian 6 (Squeeze), Debian 7 (Wheezy) CentOs 6 Chrome OS
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Parallels Remote Application Server is extensively tested on both physical and virtual platforms. The minimum hardware requirements approved to run Parallels Remote Application Server are outlined below:
Physical Machines – Dual Core Processor with a minimum of 4GB of physical memory. Virtual Machines – 2 Virtual Processors with a minimum of 4GB of virtual hardware memory.
Port requirements for each of the separate functions can be found here.