Cannot start Parallels Desktop. It fails with Problem ID 15431 error.
Certificate preferences have been changed.
- Launch Keychain Access application.
- Open Keychain Access Preferences.
- Go to Certificates tab.
- Set Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) to Best attempt.
- Set Certificate Revocation List to "Best attempt".
- Close the Preferences screen.
- Launch Parallels Desktop.
If the issue still persists,
Open Terminal (Finder -> Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal) and execute:
ls -l "/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon.plist"
If it returns anything (com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon.plist is found), remove it, executing:
sudo rm -f "/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon.plist"
Enter the password from your Mac user account and hit Return/Enter again.
If it does not help,
- Uninstall Parallels Desktop;
- Run "Repair Disk Permissons" on your Mac:
- Open Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities/);
- Select your Mac OS X startup volume (Macintosh HD by default) in the column on the left of the Disk Utility window;
- Click the First Aid tab;
- Click the Repair Disk Permissions button;
- Restart your Mac;
- Download the installation file for the last release of Parallels Desktop version you are running at the following link: http://kb.parallels.com/5802