- Boot Camp virtual machine hangs or boots with a black screen.
- Boot Camp works fine if booting directly into it.
Partition boundaries are not recognized correctly on the disk. File system may or may not be damaged.
- Check Windows hard disk for errors as described in KB #115549.
- Start Parallels Desktop without starting you Boot Camp based virtual machine.
In the menu bar choose Actions > Configure > Hardware > Boot Order > Advanced Settings and in Boot flags insert:
Now choose Hard Disk > Edit Partitions > EFI partition should be added.
- If it does not help, boot your virtual machine in the Safe Mode and disable mobilegeni daemon (mobogenie) app: Start > Type msconfig > Switch to Startup tab, locate and disable mobilegeni daemon (mobogenie) app.
NOTE: Boot Camp virtual machine is designed to run ordinal desktop applications and games.
For system maintenance tasks like installing updates, boot manager configuration, disk checks most stable way is to boot host into Boot Camp directly.
In some cases Boot Camp virtual machine should be recreated after system tools run to recover Boot Camp virtual machine functionality.