Unable to install Parallels Tools on Windows XP. Parallels Tools fails on 83%
- Windows misconfiguration
- Antivirus installed
There are the following strings in parallels-tools-setup.log (
POLICY_STR backuped already. Do not re-write value. QueryEx rc 0x0 RegOpenKeyEx(CU_POLICY_STR) failed, rc 0x2 CU_POLICY_STR: SHOULD analyse ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED
If there are it means system cannot get access to several register keys.
Perform the selective startup and services:
- Go to Start -> in the search box type "msconfig" and hit Enter (return).
- In the System Configuration choose Selective startup and uncheck "Load startup items". Click Apply.
- In the Services tab UN-check "Hide all Microsoft services", click "Enable all", click Apply.
- Check "Hide all Microsoft services", click "Disable all", locate and check: Parallels Coherence Service and Parallels Tools Service (so 2 Parallels services should be checked), click Apply.
- In the Startup tab click Open Task Manager. Here disable all the processes except Parallels Control Center (it may be called prl_cc).
- Make sure antivirus is disabled by antivirus settings.