I have a slow performance issue (or one of the Parallels processes are hung). I was asked by the Support Team to sample a process. How I can do it?
- Open Activity Monitor (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor).
Click on the process you need to sample > System diagnostics options > Sample process:
- Wait until the sample will be created.
- Save the document on your Desktop.
Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal) and execute
Note: You will need to enter the Mac password. You won't see the password. Just type it and press Enter\Return.
- Go to Finder > Go > Go to Folder .. > Type "/tmp/" without quotes and press Enter\Return.
- In Finder locate spindump.txt file.