Some third party or custom-made applications might behave differently than expected when publishing them through the Farm. The erratic behavior might include the following:
- An application gives an error only when accessed via a published application.
- A published application loses focus on a client's desktop.
A set of registry keys can be created on the RDS Server the TS Agent is installed on to modify the behavior of the MemShell module, which is responsible for mirroring the application from the RDS session to the client's machine.
From the registry, navigate to the following:
Remote Application Server 15:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Parallels\ (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Parallels\ for x64 installs)
Remote Application Server 14 and below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\2X\ (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node2X\ for x64 installs)
Create the MemShell folder.
Then follow the steps below:
- Create the following DWORD: Winhook and give it a value of 0.
- Create a DWORD called DisableHookDll and give it a value of 1.
- Create a DWORD called IgnoreDesktopCheck and give it a value of 1.
- Log off the session and launch the application again.
If the above solution doesn't work, the changes can be reversed by simply deleting the DWORDs set above. The changes will take effect upon a new user session (not when resuming a disconnected one). No reboot is necessary; only a log off and login is required.