Virtual Machine crashes when running third-party applications.
Start the Virtual Machine in Safe Mode:
- In Parallels Desktop top bar go to Virtual Machine > Hardware > Boot order > check Select boot device on startup;
- Start virtual machine and make its window active (click on it);
- Press F8 before the Windows screen appears;
- On the Windows Advanced Option menu, use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode, and then press Enter;
- When working in the safe mode is finished you can disable Select boot device on startup (Virtual Machine > Hardware > Boot order).
Disable Startup items on Windows:
- Start Parallels Desktop and Windows virtual machine;
- Click on Start and type msconfig then hit Enter;
- Click the Startup tab and click Disable all;
- Restart Windows virtual machine.
Run Error Checking on Windows:
- Start Windows virtual machine;
- Click on Start > Computer;
- Right/Option click on C > Drive and select Properties;
- Select the Tools tab and click on Error Checking, put a check on Automatically repair files on the checkbox;
- Run the Repair, you will be prompted to schedule the repair since C: Drive is currently mounted, select on Schedule Disk Repair;
- Reboot Windows and wait for the repair to complete and reboot Windows one more time.
- Tune Windows to ensure performance and stability by following the article: How can I improve virtual machine performance on my Mac