- Unable to open Windows app from Mac side. Unable to open files from Mac side in Windows.
- Applications (Parallels) folder is empty.
- Cannot open any app from Windows virtual machine folder in the Dock.
Shared clipboard between the Windows 8 Virtual Machine and the Mac does not work.
- Windows drive is not mounted on the Mac Desktop when virtual machine is running.
Missing Parallels Tools string value in Windows registry.
Most likely it was caused by Windows corruption.
In Windows press Win+R, enter
regeditin Run prompt.
In the Registry Editor navigate to the following key:
If the string value Parallels Tools Center is not present under the above key, right-click in the field on the right side, select New > String value.
Right-click on the created string value, select "Rename" and name it Parallels Tools Center
Right-click on Parallels Tools Center string value, select "Modify" and enter the following path in "Value data" field:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Parallels Tools\prl_cc.exe
- Click "OK", close the Registry Editor and reboot the virtual machine.