The convertion of VMware Fusion virtual machine with OS X 10.8 fails with the error:
Error 41300: Failed to convert the virtual machine.
the following error can be found in the logs:
F /VmConvert:11423:507/ Error : No hard disk found in source VM configuration
Manual convertion shows that there is no OS installed inside the virtual machine.
Converting Fusion virtual machines with SATA drive may cause an error.
In order to resolve the issue please do the following:
- Go to settings of VMware Fusion virtual machine.
- Hard Drive > Advanced options and in Bus type choose SCSI.
- Convert the virtual machine using Parallels Desktop (if it fails with error, please check Importing Vmware virtual machine fails. Error ID 41300
- After conversion, set SATA back in your VMware Fusion virtual machine.
- Go to Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities)
prlctl set VM_name --efi-boot off (hit Return/Enter)
Where VM_name is full name of the virtual machine that you can see in Parallels Desktop list.