Why Parallels Desktop sends network data even without running a virtual machine?
Parallels Desktop uses Internet for the following needs:
- License verification
- Checking for Parallels Desktop updates.
- Dynamic update of "virtual appliances" list available in the Parallels Desktop Wizard
- Customer Experience Program (CEP)
NOTE: Parallels Desktop sends only technical information from your computer without any personal data.
If you want to block all network connections for Parallels Desktop, you may configure OS X Firewall accordingly.
But please note that you will lose such Parallels Desktop functionality as:
- An ability to download Parallels Desktop updates.
- An ability to verify/activate/re-activate Parallels Desktop license.
- You will not be able to download any free virtual OS that available in the Parallels Desktop Wzard.
- Customer Experience Program (CEP) will not work.