Parallels Tools fail to install.
The following error messages can be found in
Failed to connect to Windows Update service! (HRESULT = 80004002) Failed to connect to Windows Update service! (HRESULT = 800700A4)
- Windows Update components are corrupted.
- Windows system is corrupted.
- Install Windows Updates using the following Microsoft knowledgebase article: Install Windows updates in Windows 7
Install Parallels Tools using the manual installation method.
If the issue still persists and/or there was a problem in Windows update process, repair Windows system:
- Start the virtual machine;
- Go to Start, type
cmdand hit Return/Enter;
- Right-click on cmd > Run as Administrator;
Then hit Return/Enter.
- If the system cannot be repaired or system scan fails to start, refer to KB 121140 for details on repairing Windows installation.